Officially launched six months ago as a response to the halt on live events around the world, disguise’s xR technology brings to life compelling visual experiences in virtual production, allowing brands and artists to connect with remote audiences like never before. xR empowers the world’s leading brands, artists and production houses to blend virtual and physical worlds together using Augmented Reality (AR) and Mixed Reality (MR). Combining disguise’s 3D visualisation-based software and high-performance robust hardware, xR seamlessly integrates an array of technologies including camera tracking and real-time content engines to extend a small studio space into an unlimited virtual world.
- xR has the unique benefit of creating a limitless environment, even if constrained to a small studio space or with socially distanced restrictions in place. The screens within the space only need to be as large as the performance area. The virtual set extension places the actors in virtual environments larger than the space available, opening up worlds of opportunity and creating more compelling content to increase audience engagement. The workplace may be smaller, but the end result displays an endless space of limitless opportunities.
- disguise xR lets you deliver a virtual environment, which is visible both on screen and on set, making visualisation a constant part of the experience. This allows designers to make better-informed creative decisions earlier in the process, and communicate ideas and final work in a clear, compelling manner.
- By using LED screens or projection surfaces in the space, xR allows presenters to be absorbed into the virtual environment where they can see the entire set and even objects added into it, giving directors the opportunity to capture raw emotion.
- The integration of disguise’s camera calibration feature allows for calibration of the camera and lens in a matter of minutes, rather than days. Pre-visualising camera shots, without having to build the stage first, enables better coordination between set and camera departments, and virtual environments can be created and iterated on the fly.
- The capabilities of xR are utilised in ways far beyond initial blue sky thinking, powering nearly 100 groundbreaking productions since its launch earlier this year. This includes broadcast productions like the 2020 MTV Video Music Awards, America’s Got Talent and the US Open, live music performances from artists like Katy Perry, Billie Eilish and Alicia Keys, corporate events for enterprise businesses like SAP and Under Armour, on set virtual production for the Mandalorian and Avatar sequels.
Testimonials and References
“disguise xR has helped us to deliver a new paradigm of working, and ways to create incredible virtual performances to promote new music around the world without even stepping on an aeroplane.” – JT Rooney, xR Content Producer, Silent Partners Studio
“Recently we were able to offer our xR stage in our Miami studio featuring the latest xR technology powered by disguise. Artists are able to walk into our studio knowing that the final product will be taken care of at one place, all done in-house. disguise has always been part of our creative workflow allowing us to create visual results that are astounding and performances are unforgettable.” – Rodrigo Proal, Co-founder, Darmah
“There is a new level of interaction that takes place when connecting all core elements of the disguise xR workflow to drive production.” Scott Millar Technical Director, XR Studios See how xR is defining the new era of live production: https://vimeo.com/434079944/7f43b83fe9