Ingram Micro Europe has made changes to its European leadership team. The new President for Ingram Micro Europe, Gerhard Schulz, has made changes in an effort to strengthen the organisational set-up. The change is centred around empowered country operations that operate close to the businesses they serve. This empowerment is accomplished through fostering strong ties with the customers and vendors and through the sole focus and responsibility for a portfolio of business enabling profitable growth.
In order to implement a consistent go-to-market approach, a new country organisational set-up has been adopted and consists of 5 geographical areas:
- The existing DACHH cluster headed by Marcus Adae
- The Southern Europe cluster covering France, Italy and Spain with Christian Bittebierre at the helm
- Benelux cluster where Eric Segers is promoted to VP Benelux
- UK/Ireland region is headed by Brent McCarty VP UK/Ireland
- Derrick Wood, Executive Director Sweden will now report to Gerhard Schulz
In addition to the country cluster changes, Ernesto Schmutter and Sabine Howest have been asked to join the European leadership team. Ernesto Schmutter will assume the role of Executive Director International Businesses and Sabine Howest becomes the Executive Director Strategic Partner Relations and Business Intelligence Europe. As a consequence Vincenzo Baggio and Johan Vandenbussche have decided to leave to pursue opportunities outside Ingram Micro.