To help you cut to the chase, here is our brief introduction to some of the major announcements, throughout the exhibition, available at the time of going to press. Look out for our Twitter updates right up to and including the show itself.
1. Canon Europe (1-F44) will be showcasing the most recent additions to Canon’s XEED and LV projector ranges to demonstrate how the company is meeting the needs of its customers with new features such as: high brightness; PC-less edge blending; and HDBaseT for ease of installation. The show will be the first time in Europe that the flagship Canon XEED 4K500ST, the world’s smallest and lightest 4K installation projector, is displayed to the AV community. Two XEED 4K500ST projectors will also be displayed working together using Canon’s edge-blending technology.
World’s smallest and lightest 4K installation projector from Canon
2. Christie (1-H70) promises a stack of new kit including the new Christie DWU1052-Q and DHD1052-Q projectors, both featuring improved warping and blending for more installation freedom, performance and imagery. Operational in either single or dual-lamp mode, Christie Q Series is equipped with eClarity image processing that delivers enhanced pictures by providing superior control over sharpness, gloss and shading, making images stand out more than ever. The new models also feature a built-in automated dual colour wheel to quickly select between two performance colour wheels to optimise for best colour or brightest light.
3.The iPort (1-N70) Surface Mount could be the world’s most versatile mounting system for iPad, holding it flush with the wall surface while keeping it charged and always within reach. Available in two sizes (Air and Mini) the Surface Mount is an elegant snap-in frame and bracket, precision-machined from Aluminium in three finishes: black, white or silver. The iPad simply snaps into the Surface Mount bezel, leaving the power button, speaker and microphone available for operation.
The world’s most versatile mounting system for iPad from iPort?
4. Kramer’s (1-F20) ISE booth will focus on live interactive applications such as a Collaborative Classroom, featuring the debut of VIA Campus for education environments; Control Room, and Executive Meeting Room. All live applications will include Kramer’s complete Pro AV portfolio – Presentation, Control, Collaboration, Connectivity and Audio. Kramer representatives will be on hand at the booth to help visitors plan for future investments by providing detailed insight into Kramer’s products and solutions and inviting them to participate in Kramer’s live demos.
Kramer debut for VIA Campus for education.
5. Middle Atlantic Products (1-M2) will show the UTB Series Universal TechBox, a low-profile, unique solution for discreetly mounting AV equipment underneath a table surface within meeting spaces. The UTB Series Universal TechBox is said to be ideal for mounting equipment such as the Crestron 3-Series 4K DigitalMedia Presentation System 150 and other streaming solutions, as well as small devices, switchers, and interface accessories for audio, video, and/or HDMI.
Middle Atlantic’s UTB Series Universal TechBox.
6. Optoma (1-M80) will feature: the company’s first 4K UHD projector; a commercial grade racing car simulator with award winning F1 Simulator Technology and immersive screen; innovative retail digital signage solutions using laser phosphor projector for flexible installation, great colours and more consistent brightness; a lampless, super-wide, ultra-short throw interactive projector with an aspect ratio of 2.6:1 enabling two full resolution 4:3 images to be simultaneously displayed side-by-side; and a 1080p ultra short throw home entertainment projector – extra-large 100-inch images on any wall, with the projector placed just 30cm away.
Optoma’s first 4K UHD projector.
7. Panasonic (1-H20) will showcase its new 1-Chip DLP SOLID SHINE laser phosphor projector, aimed at the education market (see P1 News for details). Utilising the latest DLP module for WUXGA resolution and a new-generation of solid-state laser diodes, the PT-RZ570 has a four-segment Quartet Colour Harmoniser colour wheel that reduces energy loss and boosts perceived brightness and colour accuracy. “It balances 5,200 lumen brightness, brilliant picture quality, marathon 20,000-hour maintenance-free operation, and practical features which make it ideal for use in mid-size lecture rooms of about 50-student capacity.”
8. Also new from Panasonic, the new display series for commercial signage applications incorporating System on Chip, open source platform is sure to draw a crowd. Available from April 2016, the simple, reliable, and expandable AF1 Series features an Android and HTML5-based OpenPort Platform and is equipped with a 1GHz quad-core processor, 1 GB of RAM, and 8 GB of internal storage. It substitutes expensive external ‘Wintel’ systems which also require cabling, additional mounts and installation. The displays come with a 6.3mm bezel and are offered in 42”, 49”, and 55” panels. All are engineered for 24/7 operation in both landscape and portrait orientation. The 500 cd/m2 IPS panel assures excellent off-axis visibility, while tilt installation, of up to 45 degrees forward or backward, is also supported.
1-Chip DLP SOLID SHINE laser phosphor projector.
Panasonic’s SoC signage range on show at 1-H20.
New System on Chip displays from Panasonic.
9. Sony Professional Solutions Europe (1-H120) will be back at ISE 2016 with an impressive brand-new DOME stand, designed to take visitors through an immersive experience to discover its latest corporate and education visual solutions. The stunning DOME will use 2 x Sony’s new VPL-GTZ270 SXRD laser projectors edge blended to project content onto the interior curved surface of the structure. Another highlight on the Sony stand will be the latest visualisation and simulation projector, the VPL-GTZ1, the world’s first ultra-short-throw 4K laser light source projector. In addition, visitors will experience Sony’s Real Time HD and 4K Distribution over IP workflow technology to enable businesses and universities to send high quality content to various sources over IP, as well as Sony´s range of AV Media Solutions for the Corporate and Education markets.
See the dome at Sony.
10. tvONE (1-M60) is launching CORIOmaster and CORIOmaster mini 4K input and output modules and a new AV over IP module at ISE in Amsterdam (stand 1-M60). It will also be revealing a completely new innovation – details are as yet undisclosed. CORIOmaster and CORIOmaster mini video wall processors offer anything in, anything out capability fully covering 4K. With the new 4K and AV over IP modules, the processors can accept IP streams up to 1080p, 4K file playback via USB3.0 and 4K still images – all on one card, in one slot.
11. Barco (2-A421, 1-F100) will show its new control room operator workspace solution, OpSpace. By providing access to the required sources and applications on one workspace environment consisting of multiple displays, OpSpace enables operators to work more efficiently. This creates a very flexible approach to the operator’s job − allowing better situational overview, and therefore better decision-making. Due to tight regulations, technological limitations and costs, operators can currently access only a portion of the required information, or they have to physically switch between different workstations. Barco’s OpSpace is the first personal workspace that enables operators to be more efficient by integrating viewing and control over standard IP networks with low latency. This creates a single workspace for viewing, monitoring and interacting with a myriad of remote PCs.
New workspace solution from Barco.
12. Crestron (2-C24) will be focussing on: smart building integration; the growing importance of the huddle space; streaming (is latency ever acceptable); asset and space utilisation; global device management; centralised help desk and support; and simplifying home automation The company will show the first cloud-based version of its Crestron Fusion platform for managing companies’ multimedia, environmental and room-scheduling needs with ease. This one-of-a-kind platform provides full, real-time visibility into the enterprise at the individual room and device levels. Executives will demonstrate how Crestron Fusion, used with the new Crestron PinPoint mobile app, clears a path for employees to work smarter, faster and more efficiently and helps improve companies’ bottom lines.
Crestron will show the first cloud-based version of Fusion.
13. Projecta (2-C42) will show a new solution to the problem of ambient light. Parallax is a projection technology that features an advanced optical lens system that rejects light, rather than only diffusing light. Parallax is made up of multiple micro-layers to achieve its light blocking properties and superior viewing angles. Each micro-layer has a function in creating the brightly lit display. Layers that are black boost contrast and absorb ambient light from the sides, while a specially shaped layer blocks light from above. Understand? No, nor do we, but it’s worth going for a look.
Projecta will show a new solution to the problem of ambient light.
14. RTI (1-N75) will show the company’s award-winning Integration Designer platform. At ISE 2016, RTI will demonstrate how the new Integration Designer APEX software dramatically speeds up the installation process while maintaining the ease of comprehensive customization that RTI is known for. APEX features a number of enhanced capabilities to make system design more efficient than ever, including automatic generation of the graphical user interface and programming, a new IR library, multi-room programming, advanced graphic resizing, and more.
15. BenQ (4-U24) will utilise ISE as a launch pad to highlight its software integration capabilities, resulting in unique and specialized systems including projectors with a laser light source, smart displays controlled by an app to manage and show content from USB sticks. BenQ will stage a Club Lounge with a video DJ booth, digital cocktail bar, and interactive dance learning.
Highlights include: 360˚ and vertical projection enabled by Laser Light: Professionally built for large venue installations will showcase the performance of XGA resolution at 7700 ANSI lumens with dual-lamp design; X-Sign software solutions to edit, manage, and display professional Digital Signage content; BenQ will also show “ground breaking 4K projector and true videophile-grade home theatre including its new flagship W11000 4K UHD reference-grade home theatre projector.
BenQ’ new laser projector to be shown in 360˚ and vertical projection applications.
16. B-Tech (4-B60) will be showcasing our new LED panel display mounting system, on what will be the company’s biggest ever ISE stand. The BT8355 solution will be on public display for the first time and adds another new dimension to the vast number of different mounting solutions which are already available from B-Tech. The company will also be demonstrating new products in the System X family of mounting solutions – most notably the introduction of pop-out interface arms which can be used right across the range. This will mean any System X video wall or menu board will have the option of pop-out convenience – making connectivity and screen maintenance hassle free.
17. NEC Display Solutions Europe (4-R24) will take visitors on a visual journey showcasing dedicated areas where information is presented, shared, reviewed, controlled and analysed. Specialised, integrated display solutions transform each of these experiences, ensuring that the information is engaging, detailed and reliable, while remaining easy to share and interact with. As part of the journey through NEC’s visual showroom, visitors will see NEC’s broad portfolio of laser projectors – up to 35,000 Lumen – using breakthrough State Solid Light Source technology, and its new line-up of LED modules, including the new 1.5mm fine pitch LED. They will also see the difference in image quality and detail that can be achieved with the 4K UHD standard, experience the capabilities of the new high brightness portfolio extended to 55” and 75” display models, and preview the new video wall displays with barely visible bezel width of just 1.8 mm.
NEC debuts new 1.5mm fine pitch LED.
18. TD Maverick (4-S60) TD Maverick will be saying ‘aloha’ to the collaboration market across all sectors, with a tropical themed stand setting of the market leading new collaborative product offerings from the internationally renowned distributor. The stand will offer meeting spaces, prepare consultations with country representatives, technology demonstrations, and a world class tiki bar is promised. TD Maverick host the Microsoft Surface Hub and a new collaborative meeting system from Promethean. Vision will also feature its range of connectivity and control products including the Vision Freespace room booking system. Barco will be showcasing how its latest innovation in its ClickShare system has integrated into new markets, such as the public sector.
TDMaverick. Book it danno!
19. Toshiba Europe (4-R50) will show the new TD-U Series – its first dedicated business display series with an Ultra HD (3840 x 2160) resolution. Designed for 24 hour operation, 7 days a week, the Toshiba TD-U Series is ideal for a range of uses particularly retail environments where the vibrant display can catch customer’s attention, even outside of opening hours. Consisting of two 85” models, the TD-U852 and TD-U852TS, both provide robust and flexible displays with the latter encompassing a touchscreen for interactivity.
SET AS a PULL QUOTE:
TDMaverick. Book it Danno!
20. Vivitek (4-R55) is introducing the NovoPRO – a powerful new wireless business collaboration tool. NovoPRO takes it a step up from NovoConnect with an impressive new feature-set to really share and engage visual content from any meeting participant wirelessly onto the main screen with just a few clicks. Featuring a powerful Quad-Core processor, NovoPRO is a fast operating wireless hub for any meeting room. Multiple devices (up to 64 in client mode) can be connected at any one time, while four can be actively projecting in a split screen. This empowers users to share content with the group on the main display through its full mirroring capabilities. Its cross OS platform compatibility ensures NovoPRO supports all types of Wi-Fi enabled devices including iPads, iPhones, as well as their Android equivalents, alongside Chromebooks, laptops and all types of desktop PC.
Also, check out Vivitek’s LED HD Qumi Q6 pocket projector capable of showing an impressive 90”/2.3m sized screen image from a tablet or smartphone with 800 ANSI Lumens of brightness and a 30,000:1 contrast ratio.
Powerful new wireless business collaboration tool from Vivitek.
21. Vision AV (4-S60) Vision will show its new Techconnect Package for Microsoft Surface Hub. Vision has made installation of Surface Hub simple by developing a connectivity faceplate with the Surface Hub. Surface Hub has an internal PC but it also has hard-to-get-to input connectivity for an external PC. The Techconnect Hub Pack is a simple starting point. It contains a set of modules and 10m cables which provide access to HDMI, VGA, Minijack, and USB input ports on the Hub. Also new from Vision is the height adjustable Kapp stand. The stand mimics the curves of the Kapp to complement the design. It uses the Kapp as a “stressed member” so that the structure of the Kapp itself gives the mount rigidity. This allows the stand to be simpler, and therefore faster to assemble.
22. Key Digital’s (5-R119) Compass Control is described as the first fully integrated control system built from the ground up to use Apple’s iOS devices (iPad, iPad mini, iPhone, and iPod touch) as its backbone. It integrates with iOS architecture at a deeper device level to deliver the fast, reliable control of proprietary systems, from the undeniably sophisticated, versatile and cheaper iPad: “a win-win for cost and performance.
Key Digital’s Compass Control – described as the first fully integrated control system built from Apple’s iOS devices.
23. ClearCom (7-K175) will show Agent-IC – a new mobile app that provides users of Eclipse-HX Matrix intercom systems remote access from an iPhone or iPad over 3G, 4G or Wi-Fi / IP networks. The app offers a simple but highly effective intercom panel to connect studio staff and OB teams in remote locations or crew spread across wide areas for live events using portable handheld devices. In addition, the all-new, 2.4GHz DX410 wireless intercom system delivers two communication channels that feature 7kHz wideband audio for exceptional audio clarity. Easy to set up and configure, DX410 introduces a lighter weight yet durable belt pack and all-in-one wireless headsets.
24. Media Networking Alliance (7-x230): with the ever-increasing pace of adoption of IP based networking in AV, there is a mounting lobby for standardisation and interoperability based on open standards. The Media Networking Alliance (MNA) is charged with promoting awareness and adoption of AES67, the open standard that provides for the common interchange of digital media between different IP networking platforms.
25. The OCA Alliance (7-F221) is exhibiting for the first time at ISE, immediately following the standardisation of Open Control Architecture (OCA) by the Audio Engineering Society as AES70. The Alliance is showing the latest developments in standardising control architectures and interoperability for professional media IP networking devices and systems. The OCA Alliance booth will be staffed by alliance members from multiple manufacturers and media network experts, who will be available to discuss the benefits of standardizing control technologies in professional AV applications, and how OCA can be implemented in networkable products.
26. BrightSign (8-K310) is to showcase BrightPlates- an online template-based sign creation service and BrightWall – a seamless video wall feature for frame-accurate synchronisation. BrightSign will be partnering with BenQ to sponsor the Hall 8 signage, with 30 BrightSign players running the directional signage at 15 locations in the hall through BenQ double-sided 55″ displays.
BrightSign will showcase BrightPlates template sign creation.
27. Daktronics (8-N263) will showcase its Ultra High Definition (UHD) LED product series. Currently available in two offerings, 1.9 millimetre and 2.7 millimetre line spacing, these new products are ideal for applications that require pristine image quality from an arm’s length away. Using the latest innovations in display system design, the Daktronics UHD solution is designed to effortlessly manage one of the largest influencers in display performance: heat. The result is a reliability advantage that offers superior performance and long display life, as well as greater colour depth, vibrancy and uniformity for the life of the product. By reducing power consumption to half the amount of similar products. Daktronics’ customers save money on electricity, reduce emitted heat and add to the lifetime of their display.
28. PresTop (8-S200) will introduce its newest touch table — the PT-GT-955-PCAP-Smart-II. Powered by the Omnitapps multitouch software from Omnivision, the Smart-II is an elegant, fully electric height- and tilt-adjustable table with a flat, bezel-free, glass-fronted touch display suitable for unattended public use. Smart-II leverages the most advanced PCAP touch technology to provide the optimum tablet-like touch precision, response, and clarity.
29. Signagelive (8-K318) is incorporating near field communications (NFC) tags and Beacon technology into its SoC (System on Chip) software, enabling end-customers to run interactive digital signage applications on a range of non PC devices. Signagelive’s booth has been designed to represent a variety of real-world user scenarios, including retail, quick serve restaurant (QSR) and corporate communications, to demonstrate how customers can use Signagelive’ cloud-based software platform to take static signage applications into the interactive world, delivering powerful and engaging digital signage experiences to their end customers. Signagelive will also be demonstrating its cloud-based digital signage platform and support for a wide range of media playback technologies on a number of partner booths, including Samsung and LG.
Signagelive will incorporate NFC and beacon technology into signage.
30. Zytronic (8-E210) says it will be raising the bar on interactive digital signage as well as eyebrows with a massive 85” 4K touch screen that will dominate its stand Zytronic is described as a leading manufacturer and developer of advanced, rugged Projected Capacitive Technology (PCT and MPCT) touch screens, and can now create bespoke touch screens of up to 85” diagonal, with 4K resolution and over 40 simultaneous touch points, and proven in the harshest environments. Zytronic will also showcase its latest lightning fast and accurate ZYFILM rollable multitouch foil in a 55” rear projection unit, ideal for quick/temporary interactive AV installations
31. Adder Technology (10-R130) will be demonstrating its bullet proof connectivity for mission-critical applications. These will include the company’s high performance KVM solutions which give you real-time control over a network of PCs. The Adder booth will allow you to compare different forms of connectivity in a visually arresting display.
32. Cabletime (10-P116) will be unveiling two important additions to its range of MediaStar solutions. These will include the next generation MediaStar platform of LAN-Caster Gateways and Encoders, and the now available MediaStar 782 media player, which delivers 4K screen resolution and rich HTML 5 support as well as full multizone digital signage capabilities. Making its debut at ISE, the MediaStar LAN-Caster Gateway is a new platform which promises to provide a step change in the number of channels that can be distributed simultaneously. Users will benefit from the delivery of secure, scalable content from multiple tuners simultaneously from a single gateway.
Cabletime will show the 4L MediaStar 782 media player.
33. Calibre (11-F36) will launch several new products in the HQUltra line of 4K compatible ultra-fast switching, scaling and scan convertors. HQUltra promises input channel switching in under 0.25 seconds. Also making their global debut will be the HQView630 and 670 events scaler-switchers and LEDView720, 725, 730 and 770 LED scaler-switchers which will be shown alongside the HQView320, 325 and LEDView530 switcher-scalers. Visitors to the Calibre stand will be able to play a true to life 1980’s themed Arcade game on a giant LED screen, powered by LEDView scaler technology.
34. Peerless-AV (11-E70) has taken the 2016 UEFA European Championship as its theme. The stand will have a football stadium layout with themed zones and content highlighting specific Peerless-AV product selections, including a host of new European launches. Visitors will be invited to show off their striker skills in an interactive penalty shoot-out to win spot prizes and enter a competition prize draw for two tickets to the final of Euro 2016. One lucky winner will be drawn at random by ISE Managing Director Mike Blackman on Day 4, Friday 12 February. Peerless- AV will introduce a new range of indoor and outdoor totem kiosk solutions for digital signage applications. Peerless-AV’s new indoor, floor‐standing portrait kiosk enclosures feature curved, smooth surfaces with a familiar smartphone façade. Peerless‐AV will also show a new Xtreme Outdoor Portrait Kiosk, ideal for wayfinding and information points situated outside shopping malls, theme parks and transportation terminals.
Peerless-AV is taking the 2016 UEFA
European Championship as its theme.
35. Sharp (11- E76) will show: a slim 80” 4K monitor with expanded colour gamut; a 70” BIG PAD offering enhanced wireless collaboration; the first European showcase of an 85” display with stunning 8K resolution; the world’s first 80” capacitive touch interactive display; and, as part of the ‘8K Zone’, the Sharp booth will feature four of the PNH701 displays mounted to create a 140“ 8K video wall.