Display experts will showcase technologies to create unique, engaging digital experiences from the foyer to the auditorium
London, 7 June 2018 –NEC Display Solutions Europe will be attending CineEurope in Barcelona from 11 – 14th June to showcase the latest digital display technologies that can revolutionise the cinema experience.
The cinema industry faces unprecedented competition from on-demand and streaming media, and is heavily investing and promoting itself to stay relevant for the “Netflix generation”. At CineEurope, NEC together with Beaver Group will be demonstrating how cinema operators can deploy a range of technologies to create unique, engaging digital experiences that will recreate the magic of the cinema experience for every visitor.
At Suite C, NEC will be showcasing a range of technologies for the cinema industry, including the latest RB cinema laser projectors, wall-mounted and table-top touch screen displays, impressive video walls and direct view LED digital signage.
These technologies are already being used to create an immersive, interactive experience – for example, by enabling movie-goers to order tickets and snacks from touchscreen, watch high-resolution film trailers in the foyer or in the auditorium while they wait for the film to begin, and view breath-taking video walls.
Highlights from the show will include:
- NEC NC3541L – the latest DCI compliant RB Laser DLP cinema projector. Delivering precise 4K (4096 x 2160) resolution, 3D capabilities at an affordable price with low lifetime costs
- High-resolution direct view LED screens providing crystal-clear images for the ultimate visual experience – perfect for playing film trailers and other associated content
- NEC MultiSync® E232WMT touch monitor, featuring the latest 10-point P-Cap touch sensitive technology – ideal for buying ticket and snack combos in the foyer
- NEC MultiSync® X551UHD IGT – 55-inch UHD Touch display designed for table applications
- NEC’s new MultiSync® C and V Series LCD large-format displays
“Cinemas need to make themselves relevant to a new generation of people who expect high-quality digital experiences wherever they go,” said Mark Kendall, Business Development Digital Cinema at NEC Display Solutions Europe. “Going to the cinema should be about much more than just watching a movie. Embracing digital display technologies throughout a venue enables cinemas to create an engaging, immersive experience, allowing venues to create the “wow factor” needed to attract more people to visit cinemas.
“By putting digital at the heart of the cinema visit, venues can connect with younger moviegoers and show them how much better it can be to go out with friends to watch a film, rather than stay at home with Netflix or other streaming media sites. By encouraging cinema-goers to dwell longer and enjoy the venue facilities both before and after the film, cinema operators can make their venues the social destination of choice, and recapture the magic of the silver screen.”